There will be days you will not be in the best of mood. It is okay, it happens. One minute, you can feel great, as if you are on top of the world. Then the next minute you are full of negative and unwanted emotions, snowballing out of control! (Snow pun semi-intended.) We want to help you climb out of that dark pit and shine the light back on your day!
1. Get 8 hours of sleep. Have you noticed that when you do not get a full proper night’s sleep, you are sluggish and cranky throughout the day. Just imagine when you are in a bad mood, plus having a terrible night of sleep! The deprivation can have a negative, and massive, effect on our mental and physical health. Keep your emotions from blasting off by getting a good night sleep; you will be less sensitive to negative emotions.
2. Set goals. By setting goals, it will help you feel happy because it will leave you feeling in control of your life while giving you something to look forward to. In a psychological view, control is an empowering emotion. When we feel as if we lost control, we tend to be stressed, filled with anxiety, and sadness. Then, when we meet our goals, or notice we are progressing towards them, we feel confident and happy!
3. Exercise daily. When you exercise, you are actually doing your body good in more ways than you realize. Also, while you work out, you are releasing good hormones and can reduce stress levels. There is no other better way to describe this but how the picture below words it.
4. Eat healthier and drink water. Try this and after a week, you will see the difference with your mood. When you drink the required amount of water, it promotes your health, brightens your complexion, and cleanses your body of bad toxins. Pair this with eating healthy and the happy hormone known as dopamine will always be present!
5. Spend time with people who will make you happy. Surround yourself with positive people who are good to you. Take time out of your schedule to see these friends and/or family members that can and will cheer you up!
6. Smile and laugh more. These two things are bound to boost your mood, literally! Laughing releases a happy hormone called oxytocin. While smiling can make you feel better because it can reduce distress. Be even more effective by accompanying these two with positive thoughts.
7. Think positively. “Think positive and positive things will happen”. It is that simple.
8. Do something for yourself. It is time to for you to treat yourself and bounce out of this mood you are stuck in. Just spend one day the way you would like it to go, doing what you love to do. Splurge on a shopping trip, stay home and relax, read a book!
10. Love what you do, or make a change! This is a huge thing we believe in; we have to love what we do! Having a job that just pays the bills is just not enough anymore for some people. Now, we are not saying to quit your job; we get there are things to pay for, like student loans or the mortgage. Be responsible, but figure out a plan of action that will highlight your talent and make you happy!
“No one is in charge of your happiness except you!”
How do you keep yourself in a happy mood? Share thoughts in the comments below or join our conversation on Facebook!Read more
If you are turning your home into a smart home, you are going to want to add this device to your collection! Luna is a mattress cover that makes any bed smart; it tracks your sleeping patterns and helps you get the best night sleep by warming your bed automatically and will intelligently waking you up. Luna combines this information about your night, along with your day data, using those insights to recommend what will work best for your sleep.
Sleep is very important for your daily life style: functionality, health, and behavior. 90% of people have the same nightly routine. Luna learns your sleep patterns and habits. The temperate is the main element that helps you fall asleep quicker. After Luna becomes knowledgeable with your bedtime, it will set your bed to a comfortable temperature automatically, to help you fall asleep faster. Establishing and adjusting, Luna allows itself to create a personalized schedule for your bed temperature adjustments throughout the night and continues to adapt to your life changes. It tracks your sleep quality, including sleep phases, heart rate, and breathing rate, without you having to go to bed wearing a device.
Say good-bye to groggy and cranky mornings! Luna even has built-in smart alarm that wakes you up at the right moment of light sleep; Luna’s sensors identify the correct moment in your sleep cycle to wake you up at the highest energy level.
Share your bed? Luna has dual zone technology that provides separate options of temperature for you and your partner.
Luna also has a smartphone, or tablet app that you can be controlled from anywhere you are. You can alert your bed to begin warming up while you are out and on your way home. The app even pairs up with other apps that track your exercise, food intake, and health. Collecting the information from these apps, it will adjust your bed to promote the perfect night’s sleep for you.
Luna can even connect and ingrate with other smart devices. They are affiliated with the Nest (smart thermostat), Lockitron (smart door lock), and Emeberlight (smart light build), and more! While Luna is partnered with these companies, it can integrate with any Wi-Fi connected device. Our favorite feature in Luna is when it is ready to wake you up; it will alert your Wi-Fi coffee machine to begin brewing. Your coffee will be ready by the time you actually get out of bed!
Luna is a completely secure and uses public key cryptography. It even contains security features like HTTPS, SSL, and 128-bit encryption. It is also washable and uses low voltage product, which means, it is safe!
Want to Pre-Order a Luna for your household? Visit their website and order one! It comes in three different sizes: Queen, King, and Cal King!
How do you feel about all these smart devices? Which is your favorite? Comment below or join our conversation on Facebook!Read more
This apartment for sale is perfect for a daily commuter or someone seeking the Manhattan style living without the high cost! 755 Narrows Road North, also known as Sunrise Tower Condominium, is an all brick exterior apartment building with a 24-hour doorman, located in the Grymes Hill neighborhood.
Upon moving in, you have access to the all the apartment building’s amenities: indoor heated pool, clubhouse, rooftop atrium, and health club. There is also assigned residential parking and guest parking. Let us not forget to mention the convenient locations around the luxury building; located around the corner from Clove Road and it is minutes away from Clove Lake Park or Sliver Lake Park.
However, before we get ahead of ourselves, let us tell you all about the apartment that is for sale! Apartment 501 is a one bedroom and one bathroom high-rise condo.
The living room-dining room combination is large. It has carpeted floors with a large window and extra closets. The galley kitchen is modest. It has a dishwasher hook up. The bedroom is sized to satisfaction and includes a large closet. The full bathroom also contains the washer and dryer inside this unit.
The apartment building is right off the Staten Island Expressway, making it a desirable location for commuters. The bus stops nearby are S53, S74, S66, S76, S93, X10, and X15. It is also located directly behind Wagner College and St. John’s University, making this apartment perfect for a college student looking to live off campus!
For more information on this house, or other Real Estate listings in Staten Island, you can contact Elizabeth Del Priore, licensed Realtor with RealEstateSINY.com: (718) 966-9669.Read more
We have the best updates for you to do around your home. Not only are they fun Do-It-Yourself projects, but they are also inexpensive, making them all fitting for any budget you may have.
1. Dress up your flat screen television. Hide those dangling wires from wall mounted flat screen with a shower curtain rod. Then frame your flat screen to give it a formal look. You can either purchase a frame that will fit around the television or make your own with custom moldings or wooden planks.
2. Upgrade your light switches. Purchase inexpensive craft store frames that will fit perfectly around the light switch cover. Then paint the two the same color so they match.
3. Add a backsplash to your kitchen. If you cannot afford putting in the full tile set up, you can purchase 3D gel-like ones that actually peel and stick to the wall.
4. Stainless Steel Hack. This is another thing you can do in your kitchen; instead of purchasing new appliances, you can purchase stainless steel decals or paint. This should do the trick until you can get the actually get the appliances you desire.
5. Upgrade your vents. If you have a tall vent you would just rather be invisible, we have the trick for you. Get a decorative rubber mat, like one that would sit by your front door. Paint the vent to match the color of the mat. Hang the mat with nails and place over the vent.
6. Accent ceiling is the new accent wall. We have seen the accent wall come and while it is still around, a new trend is blooming. Accent ceilings are becoming a big thing and make rooms appear taller.
7. Paint your flooring. If you have vinyl or linoleum flooring, these are the perfect type of flooring to repaint. Making the classic stripe look will simple to accomplish.
8. Paint faux window on your garage door. Using masking tape, to square around the panel and create lines like a window. Paint it black and then remove the tape.
9. Frame your bathroom mirror. Just like the television frame above, this will preform the same way. Add a empty picture frame or build your own around the bathroom mirror. This look is perfect if you are going for a rustic look.
10. Shower curtain decor. Want to give your shower curtains an elegant look? Use napkins rings and ribbons to fancy up the typical look.
Which DIY upgrade will you be trying? Do you have your own? Share thoughts in the comments below or join our conversation on Facebook!Read more
The home’s basic needs are getting the technology advancements they need! We saw it first with the Nest upgrading thermostats and detectors. Then we got Sonos, an audio speaker changing the way we listen to music at home. Now, we are getting Eero, which will be the change to wireless routers we need!
The Eero router is powerful, smart, and easy to use! It is going to be the best replacement to our typical Wi-Fi routers. It is designed to reduce buffering and dead zones in our home’s wireless network. It will allow a large number of devices to connect to it while still handling seamless streaming. It even features easy set-up, simple self-fixing, guest access, and security.
Eero will be the world’s first advance wi-fi system. The team has come up with and will advice you on how many to get depending on your home’s size; a typical sized home is recommended to get three. The team has accomplished devices that will work in unison to deliver high speed and stable wi-fi; no more dead zones in your home, backyard included!
The installation of the Eero is rather simple; no Ethernet wiring or IT degree required for installing. The Eero is powered from a standard outlet. Just connect the Eero to an existing cable or DSL modem, and then pair your device up to it via Bluetooth. From here, the Eero will prompt you to create a network name and password.
Of course, it even has a smartphone application with many features, such as controlling who has access to your Wi-Fi network and for how long.
The Eero is currently available to pre-order. It even has a preorder discount you are not going to want to miss!
What do you think of the Eero? Will you be purchasing it? Join our conversation on Facebook.
Be sure to watch the Tech Corner video, located above, on YouTube or Facebook!Read more
A Bright and Spacious One Family Attached Multi Level Home For Sale in Eltingville [216 Sycamore Street]
This three level home sits on a quite, tree-lined street. This end unit has vinyl paneling, a side yard, and an attached garage with driveway. There are many windows in this home, making it a bright and the right place to move into!
The first floor has a tiled entry and family room. The current owners have converted this room into a third bedroom, but the option is up to you on what you would turn this room into upon moving in.
The central zone is very unique and on the second floor. Starting with the living room, it has hardwood floors and a fireplace with a marble mantel. This room has cathedral ceiling and doors leading to the home’s seasonal room. Walk up a couple of stairs and you are in the eat-in kitchen that over looks the fetching living room. This kitchen has while tiled floors that go perfectly with the white cabinets, a matching backsplash and countertop, and appliances: refrigerator, dishwasher, and microwave.
On the third floor, you will find the two bedrooms. Both bedrooms are equally large and very bright! The second bedroom contains two closets. The home’s full bathroom is also located on this floor.
Some additional information about this home is that it has baseboard heating, which has been recently updated. The home also has a washing machine but no dryer.
There are various schools in the neighborhood of Eltingville that are suited for children of all grades: P.S.8, P.S.32, P.S.42, P.S.53, P.S.55, I.S.24, Oakdale Academy, and Francis School. The transportation options near this home are the S59, S89, and X1 bus stops.
For more information on this house, or other Real Estate listings in Staten Island, you can contact Nadia Kovaleva, licensed Realtor with RealEstateSINY.com: (718) 966-9669.Read more
Are you beginning to break your New Year’s resolution to save more money? We do not want to see you fall off track. Follow these top ten money saving tips to keep your pennies growing!
1. Practice the 30-Day rule. Are you thinking of making a purchase? Whether it is a big purchase, or a decent priced item, wait 30 days before buying it. If you still want the item, or even remember you wanted it after 30 days, go forth and buy it!
2. Do not spend without saving. While building your credit is important, spending money that you do not have is not a good thing! Make sure you have the money, or at least close to the amount you are about to spend.
3. STOP shopping without coupons! We have mentioned this before and we will continue to stress its importance. You can find coupons in newspapers, smartphone apps, and on the computer. Be sure you check before leaving to go shopping, or ordering something online.
4. Pack your own lunch. You will be surprised how much extra money you will have weekly when you stop ordering food for lunch everyday. Begin packing your own lunch for work! (This tip will also help if you are trying to lose weight).
5. Stop buying coffee. This is another thing you should cut from your daily routine to help save you some extra dollars. Make coffee at home. If you need a travel mug, check out these from our Tech Corner!
6. Begin saving money from your paycheck. Even if it is as little as ten dollars a week, it will add up by the end of the year! Put some money aside from each paycheck and just watch your savings grow!
7. Only pay in cash. Stop using your bankcard! Only spend if you have the physical cash in your hand, or wallet. This will stop you from over-spending on unnecessary luxury items that you cannot actually afford.
8. Budget your going out expenses. It is a treat to go out, but do not go crazy on your hard working earnings all in one night! Set yourself up with a budget and plan. Make sure to use the tip above when going out.
9. Cancel any unused memberships. Do you have a pile of magazines you just swear you will get around to reading soon? Or do you have a gym membership that is going to waste? It is time to cancel these before you waste any more money!
10. Eat less meat and drink more water. Meat can be very expensive, especially compared to vegetables. The same goes with sugary drinks verses water. Cutting out soda and meat from you diet will not only be good for your wallet, but also for your health!
Do you have any addition tips? Share thoughts in the comments below or join our conversation on Facebook!Read more
Located on a dead end, private block in Tottenville, 11 Orchard Ave is a two family side colonial home for sale! This beautiful stucco home has three bedrooms and three and half bathrooms. It even has a garage and driveway that can park more than three cars!
11 Orchard Ave is a large living home that has been newly renovated. It features spacious rooms, hardwood floors, and ceramic tiles.
Walk into the home and down the long hardwood floor hallway, the first room you will discover is the living room-dining room combination. These rooms have large arched windows that allows in a great amount of natural sunlight. There is also a hanging light fixture in the dining room section of the rooms.
The next room you will come across is the eat-in kitchen. The cabinets are new and go well with the black appliances: refrigerator, dishwasher, and microwave. There are plenty of hanging light fixtures and the first room you will see with the ceramic tiles.
The family room is captivating. The grey painted walls with white moldings and hardwood floors is a great combination! This room also has a gas-powered fireplace with a white mantle, making the room cozy enough for these cold nights we are experiencing.
Through the sliding doors in the family room, is the ready-to-entertain backyard! There is a two-leveled deck. The half-in ground pool is accompanied by a patio and shed. Once the summer rolls around, you will be more than delighted to throw outdoor barbeque parties.
The first floor also has a half bathroom that is fully tiled with white porcelain toilet and sink.
Up the stairs with the carpet runner, the second floor will greet you with the three bedrooms. The master bedroom suite has high vaulted ceilings with a ceiling fan fixture, a walk-in closet, and hardwood floors. It even has its own private full bathroom, with both a seperate bath and shower. The other two bedrooms have carpeted floors. The third bedroom is modest and would be perfect for a child or home office!
There is also a full bathroom and laundry room on the second floor. There is also access to the attic, which is excellent for storage.
The basement contains a studio apartment with a full bathroom. There is also the boiler room, access to the garage, and additional storage space down there.
If you, or someone is your family, loves to go fishing, this home will be perfect for them! It is only minutes away from the Tottenville Marina. There are also schools for the little ones: P.S.1, P.S.6, I.S.34, P.S./I.S.25 South Richmond High School, and Gateway Academy. Finally, the transportation available, within a mile, is the S78 and X17C bus stops. You can also use the Staten Island Railroad, using the Atlantic station.
For more information on this house, or other Real Estate listings in Staten Island, you can contact Rosa Marciano, licensed Realtor with RealEstateSINY.com: (718) 966-9669.Read more
Are you cold all the time, even at work? Despite the heat running, we cannot control the temperature of the thermostat at the office. However, there are other ways to keep yourself from the chills while at your job. Check out these awesome techy gadgets that will heat you up at your desk!
The Power of the Universal Serial Bus!
The USB ports are not just for your flash drives. There are gadgets that will keep you warm and are powered by the USB plug! There is a USB powered blanket that has a built in heating pad. We will even bring back these USB powered hand warmers, because they are way to perfect! We personally love the toast and Hello Kitty selection, but they can come in various styles, colors, and characters.
Overheated Computer Accessories!
Your fingertips will no longer be cold with these heated gadgets! If you use a mouse at work, you may want to opt in for a USB Mouse with a heater! Some of them comfortably heat up to 113 degrees (F). There are also heated mouse pads and heated keyboards.
Have a Warm Commute!
Whether your office happens to be outdoors, or your heading home in this cold, here are some more gadgets to keep you warm! Invest in an electric jacket. They can have up to three heating zones with a three level heat-controller. Best of all, they are wind and rain resistant and are battery powered can will last up to 6 hours!
Do not forget to keep your ears warm while enjoying your music. Get yourself the earmuffs with built-in headphones. Some are even wireless and will play your music via Bluetooth!
Which warm gadget will you try? Join our conversation on Facebook.
Want more warm gadgets for your everyday activates? Click Here for a “Back To The Future” Tech Corner Post!
Valentine’s Day can either be an exciting day or a dreadful day. It should not matter if you are in a relationship or living the single life; the fourteenth should be an enjoyable day for everyone to spread love! With Valentine’s Day just around the corner, we put together a list of 10 ideas you can try this Saturday.
1. Breakfast in Bed. What better ways to tell someone you love him or her then with food? It is even better when you can stay in bed and enjoy the meal. Stay away from crumbs and sticky foods: try heart shaped bacon strips and French toast in a mug.
2. Dinner for Two. Skip going out and miss the crowds by surprising your other half with a homemade dinner. Cook up a fancy dish and then crack open the bottle of wine you both can enjoy without worrying about who is driving home!
3. Cook Together Or, how about cooking your favorite dish together? Challenge the recipe by making the foods heart shaped!
4. Movie Night You can either head out to the theater to see one of the new releases, or stay in with snacks and watch a flick. We recommend watching a movie neither of you have seen!
5. Pamper Yourself. Do not think of it as being alone; think of it as a day to yourself! Book an appointment at the spa and get a facial, massage, and your nails done. Afterwards, treat yourself to a well-deserved shopping trip; get that bag and pair of shoes you have been longing for.
6. Host a Girls Night In. There is nothing better than relaxing, wearing comfortable clothes, watching movies, and ordering in food with your friends. Be sure to have a good movie selection, desserts, wine, and blankets for this comfortable night in.
7. Plan a Night Out. If you rather not hide indoors, get your friends and head out for the night. This does not mean go out and land a guy/girl; just go to enjoy yourself! Dinner, cocktails, and dancing will be the ideal formula for a Saturday Valentine’s day.
8. Speed Dating. If you’re single, and ready to mingle, get yourself out there! Try attending a speed-dating party or allow yourself to get set up on a date.
9. All Star Weekend Parties. For those of you who do not know what this is, it is a basketball game that features the “all-star” players who will verse each other in a game. It is being held in New York this weekend, meaning there will be tons of free concerts and parties you can attend!
10. Group Gathering. Turn Valentine’s Day into one big party and celebrate with all your friends, single or coupled. Throw it at your house, or even take a mini trip away with everyone.
What are your plans this Valentine’s Day? Share thoughts in the comments below or join our conversation on Facebook!Read more