Are we all feeling the September blues? Are school assignments, new schedules, and the cooler weather bringing you down? Rather then being woken up when September ends, watch these top ten movies that are sure to put you in a better mood!
1. Midnight In Paris. Leave it to Woody Allen to make a film that is a literary daydream come true. Set in modern-day Paris, the plot centers around a struggling screenwriter that finds himself transported back in time to the 1920s, where he hangs out with prohibition-era artists such as F. Scott Fitzgerald and Ernest Hemingway. It is a magical movie with a surviving message.
2. 21 Jump Street. The reboot of the famous 80s TV drama series took a hilarious turn. Channing Tatum and Jonah Hill’s characters are underachieving cops that are sent back to high school to solve and bring down a drug ring. With literally no downtime, this movie is enjoyable from start to finish!
3. Despicable Me. An animated movie that can be enjoyed by the whole family! All ages can laugh along as Gru hatches his villainous plan, which includes thousands of minions, an old evil scientist, and three orphan girls. P.S.- The sequel is good too!
4. The Princess Bride. Growing up, we tend to lose touch with our imagination. This fairytale film will bring us back to our youth, reminding us of the simple things and the outrageous imagination that we should always hold on to.
5. Billy Madison. Adam Sandler knew what he was doing when his production company made this movie. The story is bound to put you in an superb mood with the brilliantly stupid jokes and quotable lines, all while reminding us to always achieve our goals we set forth to do.
6. Elf. It is fine to watch a Christmas movie before Christmas season. Will Ferrell as the blundering Buddy the Elf will surely put you in better spirits .
7. Remember The Titans. This movie is a classic (and if you love sport themed movies, you just entered the end zone for a touchdown)! It is about a high school football team. You are shown their personal and professional obstacles and their ability to overcome them as a team, making them highly relatable and inspiring. It is an uplifting movie.
8. Cool Runnings. If you need another uplifting, motivational movie, this one will work wonders. It is about a group of Jamaican-born natives who try to train for the Olympic bobsledding. The film is based on a remarkable true story.
9. Up. Here is Another animated movie that is known to lift the spirits of audiences. The opening sequence will give you that quick cry you wanted, but then it is all uphill in this Pixar film.
10. Legally Blonde. This is not a chick flick exclusively, nor a blonde-only movie; so do not write this comedy off just yet! Watch as Elle Woods proves everyone who doubted her intelligence wrong. After watching this movie, you’ll be fully motivated to take on the world!
What is your favorite movie that puts you in a better mood? Share you thoughts by joining our conversation on Facebook!
Check out our Pinterest Top Ten Board for more pictures and how-to links.
Images source: gonemovies, reactiongifs, theguardian, gifrific, tumblr, imdb, blogspotRead more
If you are looking for a splendid home with history behind it, you are going to fall in love with this property! 222 Fingerboard Road is located in Staten Island’s Fort Wadsworth neighborhood right under the Verrazano-Narrows Bridge. The two family detached colonial home was built in 1901 but is fully renovated! If you adore the cedar shake and vinyl exterior, then continue reading to find out all about the marvelous interior of this vintage home.
This 3-bedroom, 3-bathroom home features spacious rooms with original mahogany woodwork and hardwood floors, plus tons of natural sunlight. It all begins within the home’s entryway.
Walking down the hall, you will find the first living room and den. Further down the entryway, you will enter the first floor’s kitchen. This galley kitchen is bright with white tiled floors and backsplash, granite countertops and stainless steel appliances. This kitchen also has a chalkboard wall and a large pantry. Next to the kitchen is the spacious dining room, which also has two closets. The large window has an attached window seat so you can enjoy the view comfortably. The sliding door in this area leads to the back deck and large backyard. The first floor also has a bedroom and bathroom.
The second floor has its own larger, separate living space. The eat-in kitchen features deep wood colors. It has granite countertops with a square tile backdrop, large cabinetry, and hardwood floors. The second floor also has a living room, dining room, and bathroom of its own. The second bathroom is on this floor and includes two built in window seats.
The third floor is private and perfect for the master bedroom. It includes a spacious bedroom with closet space, bathroom, and den.
Another great thing about this home is its surroundings. It is close to the Verrazano-Narrows Bridge for an easy commute to Brooklyn and is only minutes away from the Staten Island Ferry for an easy trip to Manhattan. There are various MTA bus stops around as well: S51, S52, S78, S79, S93, X1, and X10. The schools near this home are P.S.13, P.S.39, Holy Rosary School, and St. John Villa Academy.
For more information on this house, or other Real Estate listings in Staten Island, you can contact Mari-Anne Pecorella and Anthony Diodato, licensed Realtors with RealEstateSINY.com, at (718) 966-9669.Read more
Many of us had been waiting quite patiently for September 9th to roll around and for Apple to set the story straight! We have heard rumors of a larger, crack free screen, new interior software changes, and even new products. The rumor mill can officially stop spinning, because the announcement has been made! Here is everything you need to know about the Apple announcement:
iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
What is better than one new iPhone release? Two new iPhones released! Apple announced that not only will the iPhone 6 be available September 19, we will also have the option of an iPhone 6 Plus! They will both come with iOS 8 software, will have a slightly curved shape, and sport a thinner aluminum body. The display will have a resolution of 720p Retina display for iPhone 6 and a 1020p for iPhone 6 Plus (meaning it will have a crystal clear image). The iPhone 6 will have a 4.7 inch screen and starts at $199, while the iPhone 6 Plus will have a 5.5 inch screen and its starting price is $299. Both phones will also work in faster speeds and have a better battery life. If you are someone who cracks or scratches their phone screen often, the screen on both phones will be tougher. And for the selfie queens and kings, the camera has also been upgraded to 8-megapixels, which allow in 80% more light! So long, dark and blurry pictures! Apple will now have the predictive keyboard, eliminating the ducking autocorrect problems we all face.
The Health App and Apple Pay
These are new softwares that will come with the iOS 8 update. Apple partnered with the Mayo Clinic and Nike to create The Health App, which will be able to measure all your fitness activity. Apple Pay will be like having your wallet in your phone. Starting in October, you will simply be able to take pictures of your credit cards, which will store in your passbook, and pay for purchases by just scanning your phone! This will be accepted at any store that accepts contactless payments.
But wait! There is one more thing! Apple joined their competitors by releasing their own version of a smart watch! The watch will be available in different colors, strap choices, and designs. Apple Watch will start at $349 and includes retina display. The high-tech device will run on iOS 8 and needs to be connected to your iPhone. It can run apps including The Health App, which will monitor your pulse and activity.
Are you excited about these Apple updates? Join our conversation on Facebook.
Image sources: appleRead more
0:23 September 16th– Staten Island Workforce 1 Screening Interviews
0:59 September 19th and 26th– September Shorts Film Festival
1:34 September 19th– Staten Island Mental Health Society’s Disco Party Fundraiser
2:11 September 20th– Westerleigh Folk Festival
2:37 September 20th– Jason Mraz and Raining Jane
3:08 September 21st– Michael’s Cause Step for a Cure 5k Run and Walk
Click here to visit our main website!Read more
This plot of land is 43 X 130 lot (5,000 square feet) and can be used for residential or commercial use.
The location of this plot is also perfect, whether you decide to build commercial or residential. It is located between two high traffic streets, Richmond Terrace and Forest Ave. It is only blocks away from the Richmond Terrace Wetlands and minutes away from the Bayonne Bridge. The bus stops in this area are the S40 and S46.
For residents, 14 Dehart Avenue is conveniently close to various shopping centers and plazas, as well as the Stadium 16 movie theater. The schools located in this zone are P.S.44, I.S.51, and Port Richmond High School.
For more information on this property, or other Real Estate listings in Staten Island, you can contact Maria Capillo licensed Realtor with RealEstateSINY.com, at (718) 966-9669.Read more
Between the summer leaving us for another year, school starting, and the sun setting earlier, fall tends to leave us a little down. Rather than focusing on the bad, let us remember the reasoning to enjoy autumn.
1. Colors of the leaves. Mother nature decorates all the trees with beautiful, warm colors of red, orange, and yellow. Enjoy it before the trees become bare.
2. Football is back. Last Thursday, the NFL season has officially started! Everyone is rooting for their favorite team to succeed and their rivals to fumble. Cheering fans and tailgates are in the air!
4. Autumn activities. Plan a day to go pumpkin or apple picking, start looking into haunted places and attractions to visit, and stop at a farmers markets for fresh fruit and mum flowers.
5. Hats, sweaters, and scarves. Layering is popular this season. The weather is always unpredictable- we get some days where summer heat makes a come back, and other days when it is breezy and chilly. Always be prepared!
6. Holidays. Rosh Hashanah, Columbus Day, Halloween, Thanksgiving. It is a great season to be festive and gather with your family.
7. Candy! Speaking of holidays, candies
will be soon overpopulating supermarkets! Stock up (and keep an eye out for the great candy sales!)
8. Television shows return! You will finally find out what has been going on with your favorite characters, and solve the mystery of the season finale’s cliffhanger because all your favorite weekly television shows are returning!
9. Out with the ice, and in with the warm coffee. You can still enjoy your favorite iced beverage if you prefer, but the sound of coffee or hot chocolate on a fall morning sounds absolutely delightful.
What is your favorite thing about autumn? Share thoughts in the comments below or join our conversation on Facebook!
Check out our Pinterest Top Ten Board for more pictures and how-to links.
Images source: Instagram, cdn.sheknows, tumblr, tumblr, tumblrRead more
Wouldn’t you just love to have the Manhattan skyline view right outside of your window? Well you can! In Park Slope, Brooklyn, we have a stunning condo for sale! The building is located on a tree-lined block within an up and coming neighborhood. This one floor, beautiful high rise condo has 2 bedrooms and 1 bathroom, and is fully updated.
Walk up to the 5th floor and through the apartment’s entryway, and you will be greeted by the living room! This cozy and urban living room has three windows, one of which looks over the Manhattan skyline.
Off the living room is the modern eat-in kitchen. It features wooden countertops with white cabinetry and black tile backdrop. The stove and refrigerator are stainless steel. The kitchen also includes a granite countertop breakfast bar with hanging light fixtures.
The master bedroom has one large window and hardwood floors. The shape of this room makes it unique. The second bedroom is bright and includes a walk-in closet and hardwood floors. Both bedrooms have an amazing view, custom moldings, and ceiling fan fixtures. The full bathroom is decorated white and grey and is tiled.
The amenities do not stop at the apartment itself! Living here, you will be close to everything you will ever need. There are various shopping stores around. You will be close to the Grand Army Plaza, Brooklyn Museum, Barclay Center, and tons of NYC Parks! And the transportation options around will allow you to travel the city easily: B37, B63, B65, B67, B69, B103, and the R train, which is only steps away from the front door.
Stay tuned for our upcoming video tour of this unit!Read more
The top headline this week was the iCloud scandal that resulted in leaked photos from female celebrities. Unfortunately, the photos leaked online of Jennifer Lawrence, Kate Upton, and other famous ladies were not quite safe for work, nor were they ever meant for the public eye. Hackers accessed their private iCloud, opening up a can of worms for Apple and its users! We are only days away from Apple’s big September 9th announcement (possibly accompanied by official images of the iPhone 6 and iOS 8 software release date), and it seems they are already facing troubleshooting problems!
Apple has acknowledged the problem, but at the same time, denies a security breach in any of Apple’s systems. In a statement released by the company, Apple claimed that “certain celebrity accounts were compromised by a very targeted attack on user names, passwords, and security questions, a practice that has become all too common on the Internet.” This is not stopping users from removing their own private and personal pictures and documents from iCloud.
Should we fear the cloud?
The answer is, not entirely. Apple stated that none of the cases that have been investigated “resulted from any breach in any of the Apple’s systems, including iCloud and Find My iPhone.” Apple’s suggestion to worried users is to change passwords to make them stronger and to enable two-step verification.
While these two tips are helpful, TrendingSINY and RealEstateSINY have even more tips to make sure your information stays protected!
- Protect your apple device: have a passcode to enter on your phone, tablet, and computer. The newer versions have the Touch ID, which is very beneficial in its use of finger print identification. Now we can all feel like secret agents!
- Two Step Verification: Do not just stop at the cloud with this setting but turn it on on almost all your accounts: Google Drive, DropBox, PayPal, and other credit card accounts.
- Disable Photo Stream: Apple devices have a Photo Stream which automatically uploads your newest pictures to the iCloud, making them easy to share amongst all your Apple devices and friends and family. If you prefer to not store all your photos in the cloud, turn this setting off (Settings>iCloud>turn off Photos)
- Tips if keeping your iCloud: If you want something deleted, be sure not to just delete it on your device, but to also delete it off your cloud.
Will you continue to use iCloud? We’d love to hear your thoughts on this case! Join our conversation on Facebook.
If your have any questions about our helpful tips on iCloud safety, ask us on our Facebook page!
Image sources: Kurzweil, huffpost, tumblrRead more
Featured this week:
0:18 September 9th– Van Pelt/Van Name Plaza Visioning Workshop
LINK to survey: http://www.nycgovparks.org/events/2014/09/09/public-workshop-van-name-van-pelt-plaza
0:54 September 12th– Bat Bonanza Hike
1:18 September 13th– 1776 Peace Conference Celebration
1:49 September 13th– Creative Photographer’s Guild Opening Reception and Awards Ceremony
Click here to visit our main site!Read more
Are you ready to buy a new house? Do you have ideas for what you want it to look like, but your perfect home is just not on the market? Why not build your dream home instead? Then we have just the spot for you! There is a plot of land available at 55 Route 34 in Old bridge, New Jersey. Starting from scratch, this lot has endless possibilities. Design and build the home of your dreams!
This plot of land in Middlesex county measures at 192 X 232. That means it is equivalent to a half acre of undeveloped real estate! The land is in a residential building zone. There has already an applied septic system installed which is laid out for a 3 bedroom home with a 2 car garage.
The land is located on a main road between Highway 34 and Route 9, making it close to all of your desired needs: grocery and apparel stores as well as entertainment places!Read more