We welcome the Dawn of Justice into the Tech Corner this week after the release of the Batman V Superman trailer! We can get into paragraphs on why we think the new movie just looks like a Man of Steel sequel, but instead, we will just jump ahead and tell you all about Moscase.
Moscase is a Kickstarter project we fully back! We consider the Moscase to be the Batman utility belt for the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus. The features are useful for our daily life routines. The biggest spotlight of this smart case is that it can track your health. Through the bumper of this sleek case, it can sense your pulse, temperature, body fat percentage, stress levels, and oxygen. The results can be monitored through the Moscase application to keep your aware of your physical health.
The most awesome thing about this case, making it your own personal utility belt, is the interchangeable back. The designers of the case left the back open to leave you with many possibilities. The attachments you can add include a Breathalyzer, speakers, an extra screen, an extra battery, and even solar cells for “green” charging.
Moscase will run from $129 to $219 and will be available to purchase by June of this year! To help fund this project, visit their Kickstarter page by clicking here!
What do you think about Moscase? What are your thoughts for the Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice trailer? Join our conversation on Facebook.
This luxurious home is ready for you to buy and move right into today! 386 Alverson Ave is a two family detached residential home located in Rossville, right across the street from the South Shore Golf Course! With a whopping 3,500 square feet of living space, this home has six bedrooms and five bathrooms.
Pull up to the home and admire the front exterior. It has a stucco front with three balconies. The lower portion of the home, around the two car garage and stair walk up, features a stone front exterior. There is a paved double-driveway that hold up to four cars.
Enter through the front door and experience the entry way: tiled floors with a sweeping arched staircase and picture window. The entrance is boast by the open layout of the living room and dining room. The rooms include 10′ high ceilings with crown molding, wood floors, and doors that access the balcony on the first floor.
If you love to cook and entertain, this kitchen will be a dream come true! Walk pass the half bathroom with heated tiled floors, mirror glass vanity, and detailed-painted walls, into the spacious eat-in kitchen. The kitchen also includes the radiant heated tiled floors that are also in the bathroom. The dark cabinets are a Lindsay Cherry Wood with a lifetime warranty. Two of the cabinets have glass front doors. The granite countertops is accompanied by a tiled backsplash and stainless steel appliances: sub-zero refrigerator, six burner stove top and oven, dishwasher, and microwave that is built into the granite-top island. This kitchen is even large enough to fit a bar, table to sit down and eat, as well as a couch by the fire place. There is sliding doors to the fenced-in oversized backyard that has a deck and a great lawn. Finally, you can find the laundry room and walk-in pantry closet inside the kitchen!
The master bedroom ensuite is large and bright with cathedral ceiling and four windows. The room is large enough to fit a king size bed with matching furniture sets, and even include a sitting space! There is a walk-in closet and four-piece bathroom with a walk-in stand up shower and jacuzzi bathtub. The second bedroom has a walk-in closet and full bathroom as well as access to the top floor’s front balcony. The third bedroom also has a bathroom of it’s own and closet space. The four bedroom is currently being used as the home office. All the bedrooms have hardwood floors.
This home has an attic that contains two air condition units and space for storage. Cascade down a staircase you can access from the living room-dining room combination, and you will find yourself in the home’s mudroom. This part of the home can be entered through the garage and has coat closets, granted access to the basement apartment, and an utility room. The entire house is equipped with an intercom with security camera, security system, and built-in surround sound speaker with an entertainment system.
The basement apartment has its own private entrance from the side yard, as well as the addition enterance from the mudroom. This two bedroom, one bathroom apartment also includes 10′ high ceilings, heated tiled floors, and a kitchen with tall cabinets ideal for extra storage.
As mentioned above, the home is directly across from the South Shore Golf Course and Grand Oaks Country Club. It is even fairly close to the West Shore Expressway, able to get you around the Island as fast as it can. Other transportation options for Staten Island travels are the S74 bus. Unless you want to spend a day in Manhattan, or commute to the city for work, then jump on the X17C. The schools around the home, within a mile radius, is P.S.4, P.S.5, P.S.56, I.S.75, Our Lady Star of the Sea, and Yeshiva of Staten Island.
For more information on this house, or other Real Estate listings in Staten Island, you can contact Manuel Andujar, licensed Realtor with RealEstateSINY.com: (718) 966-9669.Read more
Are you ready to celebrate Earth Day Trenders? Because we are! Allow TrendingSINY.com to help you give your home the green thumb…or door handle, with these Top Ten tips and products!
1. Get Solar Panels! Adding solar panels to your home, or local office, will be the best decision you make for the environment and your wallet! Solar panels can cut your electric bill in half!
2. Just switch it off! If getting solar panels is not an option for your household, practice the use of turning off electronics and switches when you leave a room. Make sure all televisions, lights, and computers are turned off when you are not using them. You will see a major difference when you do this.
3. OFF! As mentioned in Friday’s Tech Corner, you can install this smart door handle. With this handle, you will leave your home positive that nothing was left on mistakenly! Off door handle automatically turns off your main electricity, gas, or both, when you exit your home.
4. Go Paperless! If your billing companies have the option, consider opting in for online statements only. If not, use the addition papers as scrap paper.
5. Use cloth napkins. Instead of paper napkins, buy cloth napkins. This will limit the amount of waste. While you are washing your new cloth napkins, or load of laundry, consider using cold water instead of hot and air drying instead of using your dryer!
6. Go Organic! It is time you become fully educated about the food you eat! There are a bunch of documentaries you can watch that will inform you about the process of foods us American’s consume daily and how the process may be effecting our body and environment! Check out Food Inc and Food Matters on Netflix.
7. Avoid using plastic bags. When you go shopping, use reusable bags instead of plastic. They are better for the environment than disposable bags. Some stores even take money off your bills total for each reusable bag you have!
9. Automated solar powered lawn mower robot. This is another awesome gadget from Friday’s Tech Corner. This robot will be able to mow your lawn for about 45 minutes before running on low power. Both the charging station and auto mower run off solar power.
10. Swimpond. Thinking of getting a pool, or new pool in your backyard? A swimpond will be the best fit for anyone! It is a man made swimming pool that does not use bleach or chemicals, and can self clean!
For more tips and gadgets to make your home more energy sufficient and environmentally clean, check out our General Real Estate about Removing Indoors Toxins with Plants! If you have not yet, be sure to have checked out Friday’s Tech Corner with many gadgets and technology that are earth friendly!
Check out our Pinterest Top Ten Board for more pictures and how-to links.Read more
We all celebrate our dearest Earth on April 22nd and what better way to celebrate it then by protecting our environment! Saving energy and water has become very simple with all the gadgets and technology we have available to us!
Just turning off lights when leaving a room is very beneficial. There are also lightbulbs you can purchase that are energy-saving innovations! LED bulbs use up to 80% less energy and last 25 times longer than a normal lightbulb. The Stack Alba Smart Bulb is another great option. It changes brightness or turns off the lights based on the time of day. It will also learn your daily habits and adjust accordingly. The Philip Hue is our last lightbulb recommendation. It has an app to control your lights, even when you are not home, or forgot to turn a light off!
Speaking of being forgetful: never worry whether you left something on with this door handle. Off is a smart door handle that connects to your main gas supply and electricity. Just simply switch off the gas or electricity, or both, by rotating the dial when exiting your home. Everything is turned back on when you re-enter your home. This gadget is perfect for people who are always traveling. Off will save the cost in gas and electricity by reducing the standby power and helping counter global warming.
Another good gadget for your home, if you are set in your ways and rather not constantly turn off your entire house’s flow, consider getting a Nest instead. Nest is a smart thermostat that also learns your daily routine and habits and will adjust accordingly. The nest also has a smartphone app. Read more about the Nest here: Tech Corner: Turn Your Home into a Smart House!
This product is pricey, but worth it if you have a large landscape. The Husqvarna Automower manages steep hills, cuts evenly, leaves zero track marks, and even works in the rain! This gadget has an app which allows you to program and set a time for your mower when you are not home. If there is ever a problem, the mower will inform you through the app. Finally, the mower has a changing station that runs off solar power!
We will bring you back to EVA, the smart shower device that will help you save water by 50% in your household. Get all the information about EVA by visiting our previous Tech Corner blog and video: Tech Corner: Meet Eva, a Smart Shower That Helps Save Water!
How are you going to participate in Earth Day? Join our conversation on Facebook.Read more
Located on a quiet block in the popular neighborhood of New Springville, this home is a one family detached multi-level with four bedrooms and five bathrooms. The exterior is beautifully decorated with neutral décor. The lower level features a stone exterior around the built in garage and front door. The exterior for the upper two levels is stucco, with vinyl siding. There is a two-car driveway as well as off street parking.
The home greets you with the bright foyer that includes tiled. The home is set up as a two family home, but it s legal one family. You may take the staircases up or down the three levels.
On the first floor, there is a living room, large kitchen, bedroom and full bathroom. There is a secondary living zone on the second floor. The open layout includes a living room, dining room, and kitchen. Start with sunken living room that is large with recessed lighting, bow window, and hardwood floors. Step up into the hardwood floors and into the dining room. Continue following the hardwood floors into the substantial kitchen. The countertops are all granite with lots of cabinet space and stainless steel appliances: refrigerator, microwave, stove, and dishwasher. The commercial stove includes a stainless steel hood and if located on the large center island.
Off the kitchen are a laundry room and half bathroom.
Up to the third floor are the three bedrooms. The master bedroom is a whopping 16.8X13. It has a private four-piece bathroom with a steam room. The other two bedrooms are large, measuring about 18.7X13.6 with big double closets. There is a second full bathroom on the third bedroom that features a Jacuzzi tub.
This home also has an attic and basement with a family room, bedroom, and half bathroom. Finally, there is a backyard with a manicured lawn and koi pond.
Due to the location, this home is near all! There are plenty of shopping facilities around. The Staten Island Mall is two block away, making it walking distance. New York City’s soon to be biggest park, Fresh Kills Park, will also be by this home! The schools in the area include P.S.54, P.S.69, I.S.72, SS Columbia School, St. Patrick’s School, and Rabbi Jacob Joseph School for Boys, and Jewish Foundation School Early Learning Center. The bus stops to travel around Staten Island, provided by the MTA, are S55, S56, S61, and S79. The X17C bus stop is a couple blocks away, located on Richmond Ave, to bring you conveniently into Manhattan.
59 Locust Court is ready for you to move into today! The home has been redone, cleaned up, and painted. Located within a development in Rossville, this one family attached townhouse has remodeled rooms. There are three bedrooms and four spa-like bathrooms.
The home’s exterior has a corresponding maroon wood exterior. Just from the outside, with the garden bay and bow windows, you can take in that the home will indeed be bright inside.
The eat-in kitchen has new wooden cabinets that are accompanied by the black appliances: stove, refrigerator, and dishwasher. It also has ceramic tile floors and backsplash, and sliding door to the deck in the backyard. The 10X14 deck over looks the yard, and even has stairs to cascade down to the lower level.
The first floor includes a half bathroom. All the bathrooms are newly renovated in this home with lovely detailed ceramic titles and new vanities.
The master bedroom will be exceptional for a married couple! It is large with hardwood floors and two closets. It also has a private ¾ bathroom that has a beautiful vanity with a dark wood cabinet and white sink top. The walk in shower contains a head with hose attachment.
The second bedroom is nice sized with new carpet, a large closet, and windows that bring in plenty of sunlight, making the room bright. The third bedroom also gets plenty of sunlight and is cozy.
The full bathroom is located on the second floor. It has beautiful cabinets, dark wood cabinet and white sink top. There is a Jacuzzi tub with a showerhead with hose attachment. The detailed ceramic tiles cover almost the whole bathroom.
This home also has an attic with pull down stairs and tons of storage space. Finally, there is a finished basement with a ¾ bathroom, two large rooms perfect for entertaining, sliders to the backyard, and a laundry room with washer and dryer.
The home is conveniently close to the South Shore Gold Course and Country Club, and minutes away from the West Shore Expressway. The schools within a mile and a half from the home are P.S.4, P.S.56, I.S.75, and Our Lady Star of the Sea. You can catch the S74 or limited S84 bus.Read more
Spring is officially here, both in time and weather! By this point, you should be almost done with spring cleaning; freeing yourself of the mess and clutter that was within your home during the winter months. Now, you are ready for upgrades, changes, and pieces to add to your home, leaving your questioning how you were living without these top ten items!
1. Stairs with Shelves. It is time to make use of the empty space under your staircase. Create a storage closet or built-in shelving. Just do not store your 11-year-old wizard nephew under your staircase.
4. DIY countertops. Coat your kitchen countertops to look like expensive stone with Rust-Oleum Countertops Transformation DIY Coasting System. However, if your countertop taste does not prefer granite or stone, you may rather try a wood surface. Check out DIY Butcher Block countertop tutorials.
5. DIY cabinet tiles. Use peel and stick tiles to cover bottoms of cabinets. Now you will no longer need to use those annoying cabinet cover mats.
6. Built-in Dish drying rack. Something to consider is an alternate way for drying dishes. Drying racks can take up a lot of counter space and look grimy after some time. A built in one can be install in a spot on the countertop you rarely use.
7. Pet food containers. Stop leaving that giant bag of pet food around! Until Poppy’s Pet, smart pet feeder, is finally released, store the food in an upcycled canister.
8. Fold down drying rack. Ditch the bulky drying racks you set up every time you do laundry. Install fold down drying racks in your laundry room, or bathroom. They do not take space up on your floor and can be designed to make the ideal match for the room.
9. Shower curtains. Traditionally, when you use shower curtains in your bathroom, you only put up on. This time around, put up two. It is a new trend that is coming up and we personally favorite this look!
10. Measurement ruler. Instead of marking the walls with the progress of your child’s growth, make this DIY growth ruler to keep track.
Want to use these items, but you’re looking for a new home? Visit RealEstateSINY.com today! Let us help you find your ideal dream home!
Check out our Pinterest Top Ten Board for more pictures and how-to links.Read more
Amazon is a company that never seizes to, well, amaze us! They offer more than we believe people realize. Prepared to be astonished with their newer service!
Amazon Home Services allows you to order professional repairs and other household assistance though the site. Apart of this program, they have introduced the Amazon Dash button. The Dash button is basically a button that automatically reorders a specific product you are running low on, with just one simple click of the button! It is that simple!
The set-up is quite easy as well. Just connect the button to your home’s Wi-Fi network and your Amazon smartphone, or tablet, app. Next, select a product you would like to designate with that button. Then, with just one single click, it will automatically reorder that product. A notification will be sent to your phone when the button is press, just in case it was a mistake or your changed your mind and you need to cancel the purchase. The button also knows not to respond to a secondly click until your first order has been delivered to your home.
The Amazon Dash button works with a variety of products. The Dash button is about two inches long and comes with reusable adhesives and a hook in the back so you can place it wherever you’d like in your home. You can purchase as many buttons as you please and designate each individual button to a different home product you often use. Remember, the Dash button is only available for Amazon Prime members only!
What do you think of the Amazon Dash Button? Join our conversation on Facebook or YouTube!Read more
Why is that when the rainfalls, the sad faces come out to play? If it is April’s showers getting you down, or just situations in your life, let us put an end to this rut. Grab yourself a big cup of coffee and go through these Top Ten way to de-funk your mood!
1. Enroll in a class. There is no need to stay home and sulk. Instead, go out and take a class that can improve your skills at work, at home, or life in general.
2. Talk with a friend. It is time to communicate with someone other than your pet. Call up your trustworthy friend or relative, and let them in on what has been on your mind. You never know, they may have the advice you’re seeking during your vent session.
3. Create a set of goals. Just based on our blogroll of top tens, it should be clear that we are fans of making list. Which is why we think it is a perfect idea to map out your plans, wishes, and goals for yourself. This will help you keep moving forward and straight out of the rut you have found yourself stuck in. Get even more creative and motivate yourself by designing a vision board!
4. Feeling overwhelmed? Take a break. Distract the replaying series of events or thoughts that are allowing you to feel this way. Studies have shown that distracting yourself, even for just a couple of minutes, is sufficient enough to disrupt your distressing mood. We highly recommend a mystery book or crossword puzzle.
5. Take a walk outside. On nice days, go for a stroll outdoors. Between physical activity and the sunny fresh air, some grand ideas can come forth! Besides your mind, your body will also thank you for that walk!
6. Eat, drink, and be merry! This news should put you in a good mood; there are food and drinks to help improve your mood.
• Stressed – eat dark chocolate
• Angry – drink green tea
• Sluggish – eat spinach
• Sad – have a bowl of healthy cereal with milk
• Feeling unsettled or anxious – have a peanut butter and jelly sandwich
7. I woke up like this. Unfortunately, we are not all as flawless as Beyoncé. There are days you can wake up just feeling down in the dumps. The best way to boost up your self-esteem is an intense work out. Working out releases endorphins, and endorphins put you in a good mood, making your happy.
8. Exhaustion. Children are not the only ones who can get cranky when tired. Getting enough sleep will boost your creatively and thinking, and upgrade your mood. Try taking a 15 to 30 minute power nap to recharge your batteries.
9. Be optimist. We have a saying in our office we use quite often.
Optimism is a happiness magnet. If you stay positive, good things and good people will be drawn to you –Mary Lou Retton
Just remaining positive daily can change your outlook on your everyday life.
10. Laugh. Because laughter is the best medicine.
Check out our Pinterest Top Ten Board for more pictures and how-to links.Read more
We are huge fans of Quirky and the inventions that come from that community site. With April being National Inventor’s Month, we want to take recognition on this new company called Poppy. Poppy makes smart products with us in mind; the appliances think for you!
Their products connect, making them intelligent and helpful for everyone in your family. All the machines work directly with the Wink app and Amazon. The smart sensors for each machine will know when it is time to refill pet food, baby formula, coffee beans, filters, and more. The effortless ordering happens by being connected to your Amazon account to reorder your preferable brands. It will make automatic deliveries simple by only refilling exactly what you need and being delivered when you need it.The app will allow you to control, monitor, and schedule them from anywhere.
This smart coffee machine will brew you the perfect cup or pot of coffee on demand. There is a burn grinder that crushes the beans rather than chopping them. The water temperature, grind size, and brew time are all adjustable to create your own ideal handcrafted coffee. It holds and stores up to a pound and a half of coffee beans. The beans are grounded directly before brewing for maximum freshness.
This machine is easy to clean, and made with BPA-free, food safe materials. It can be remotely controlled and schedule feedings, using your favorite formula, which is stored in an airtight lid that ensures freshness. With the app, you can track and log feedings so you always know when and how much your baby has eaten. Formula is compatible with most standard sizes. Bottles can be simply prepared, at the right temperature, with just one hand. Serving 2,4,6, and 8 ounces, its dispensing method will limit bubbles, clumps, and conserve healthy probiotics, vitamins, and nutrients.
Pet is a smart pet feeder that can monitor your pet’s eating habits, schedule feedings, and dispense perfect portions. It has lid locking and a weight base safeguard, making it great for dogs and cats of all sizes. It stores up to 20 pounds of dry food and a sensor can tell your app when the bowl is empty or has been knocked over.
These smart appliances will be out later this year! Which one will you be purchasing? Join our conversation on Facebook.Read more